Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!!!

 
This father's day was the first one in our new church family after leaving North Carolina. The service this morning was very emotional and made me miss my father more than ever.
So today whether you listen to your voicemail and call me back or not
I just want to say: Happy Dad's Day to THE best Dad
in the world.
Although many will profess today that their dad is superior to all other dads their statements are just untrue. They have clearly overlooked the winner in the competition among dads, who is, of course, my Dad! Today at church the pastor was discussing fathers and parenting and as he went over each bullet at the end I kept seeing examples of them in my childhood and into my adult hood. However, I do believe we are much past due for a father daughter date (which was number 4 on the list today) I do believe you have shown me a reflection of God in the role of Heavenly Father. No matter what happened I know you are always there for me and support me wherever my path leads me. I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!
 
~Jojo
(that's right, no one else can take credit for this letter) :)

2 comments:

  1. True that! Our dad invested time in us, taught us intentionally, and showed up where when other parents would have taken time for themselves. We are fortunate, and semi normal because of that :-P
    Love you dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Britt's father's day face book post, and then came here and found this from you. I can't tell you how proud I am of all of you. I don't honestly know if you all are doing so well because of the things I taught you or in spite of it, but watching all of you make good choices as you start lives and families of your own makes me happier than I can say. I am grateful for all of you, and can't imagine my life without this giant, crazy, loving family.

    ReplyDelete