Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Fair Old Lady

Today is the second day without you old lady, more commonly known as Cupid. I'm still not over how you went but I know you are in a better place. I still feel a presence missing from the apartment every time I come home, or wake up, or go to the kitchen and there isn't a dog under my feet. I love you so much and can't believe you are gone. So many times you worried us and yet you always rallied and lived on. The last day I know you tried to hide from us so we wouldn't witness you passing away but I'm glad I was there. I hope you know I tried my best to make you as comfortable as I could. I hope you know that we still love you and understand that you needed to go. I hope you know that even though she didn't show it Chloe loved you and misses you too. Micah keeps looking for you where you spent your last day. He also thanks you for letting him have the doggie ice cream. You were such a good dog even if you played tricks on us like milking your injury for more attention. You will always be with us wherever we go and soon we will have your collar and tag on display so everyone who visits will know just how special you were to us. I'm sorry I couldn't do more in your last day but I'm glad you let me be present when you left this world. I love you Cupid!

2 comments:

  1. I will always remember her as the over charged puppy who, if you turned your back, would jump up and run around the room on top of the furniture without ever touching the floor. I am sorry for your loss, I know she ment a great deal to you, and Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet Becca, it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for loving her.

    ReplyDelete