Friday, September 4, 2015

Claudia Vs. The Letter!!

So, Claudia went in for THE ultrasound.  You know, the one the parents find out the gender of the baby.  But in our case, there is a gender reveal party to be had.  So we were given an envelope with that highly coveted information!!  We have self control.......we do.....stop looking at me like that.

We've had the envelope in our possession since August 29th, 2015.  It started off as a funny little joke.  We began to bribe one another.  I'll give you this if you open it.....I'll give you that if you open it....I won't hit you anymore if you open it (paahleeeeasse, she's not going to fool me....I've signed up for a lifetime beatdown by her... I've read the fine print on our marriage license!).

Then it got serious.  So we decided....TOGETHER...(don't fall for her side of the story) ...that we should go ahead and hand the envelope over to the baker.  Everything went well.  We even treated ourselves to a couple pieces of cake.  The envelope was finally safe          ....or so I thought.

Over the next few days I noticed there was something different about Claudia.  What is she up to? Where is she going? What is up with that ridiculously looking hat?  So I asked her.

Claudia's scheming had begun.  She revealed her plan to me, trying to persuade me to join the dark side!!

She had decided she would like to be hired as a baker... at the exact bakery we picked out to bake our cake.  She was going to call to get hired to be trained on a cake of her choosing (because it would just be fascinating to watch how it's done..you know?).  The sad thing: it started to sound like a good idea to me.

After talking it over, she finally decided against it.  And nothing bad ever happened to Ray McGowan again.....The End.

Although, I will say, she looks pretty great in that hat!



The story is true, but in all honesty, Claudia has been handling this really well! I'm reminded every day that we were really meant to be together.  She brings me strength and confidence like I've never felt before.  There's one thing I'm proud to put down in writing: I am here, and I will always be here for you and our family....however large it gets!  :-)

Today, it is the day before the reveal party, and she hasn't peeked into that envelope!!  You did it Claudia!!! I can't wait until we get to celebrate tomorrow and actually have a name for the little person we're loving!

I Love you Claudia!!

4 comments:

  1. or,,,,,, they looked and then bribed one another not to tell the rest of us, nice cover story.
    Love you both,,,oops,,,, all 3 of you, and we can't wait to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nobody is falling for this you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Claudia knew, I'd be broke right now! I mean more broke than I currently am. :-)

    ReplyDelete