Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Sudden Silence

The first round of the playoffs have come to a close.  Another week passes us by, and there is still a Cupcake in the Championship Bracket! Yaaayy! Wooooo!  Wait! What was that?  It's so quiet...  I hear nothing from the commissioner.  I hear nothing from the misty-eyed medina.  It all just seems so.....right.  Even the mighty commissioner could not foresee the Giant's redzone offense work together to hold their kicker to extra points all game.  And to the other guy, she just beatyouman.  I should be feeling pretty good right about now, but I have a strange feeling...this feeling that I'm making the same mistake as The Shrieking Shaq and Ludwig Von Beatyouman; talking too much before a big game.  Oh well! I already had this prepared for you guys so I guess it's too late for me.  I'll just go ahead and keep talking! :-)

8 comments:

  1. You are an underdog against the Medina... And everyone knows Bryce is FantasyFootball Peyton Manning with the best teams in the history of the regular season.

    I limped in to the playoffs, but you gotta watch out for those Recognizables...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Very true! Best stats, but rarely gets to view that trophy.

      I am a little afraid to play the Recognizables, lol. Especially since Greenbay can't make up their minds about which RB they want to play! Eddie Lacy, my first round pick, has given me more trouble than anyone...except maybe Tony Romo.

      Delete
  2. This was the most depressing end to a season ever. Josh Brown missed a 43 yard FG that would have won me the game. And that's even without Gronk, which I couldn't start because of a damn technicality! I paid close attention to his status, and was ready to put him into my lineup at noon on Sunday when I felt sure he would play. But whaddya know, the only receiver of mine who had already played was in the flex slot. SO I COULDN'T MOVE HIM. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE. I was gonna kick Mike Evans's sorry butt out of my starting lineup for Gronk, but the fantasy football gods (yes, I'm admitting I'm not one of them), did not look upon me with favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I mention I was watching the game? So I saw my season end when Josh mother freaking Brown missed that stupid field goal. I hate his guts.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I wondered why Gronk was on your bench. Tough way to end the season, man.

      Delete
  3. You go Ray! The rest of the Cupcakes (current and future) are counting on you to make us a much feared division!
    This round, that is. In the end I am bound by law to root for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've gotta find that law, do you know where it is? I'm afraid if I don't have proof then Claudia will continue to root against me.

      Delete
  4. so it's just me,, and 3 cupcakes who have never won a superbowl,,, sweet

    ReplyDelete