Monday, November 7, 2011

Project for Next Year

I, Jonathan Kremer, being of sound mind (ish) have decided to embark on a project for next year and I need your help brainstorming.

In an effort to be better at data visualization I want to record, analyze and visualize data about my life in what I consider interesting ways.

What I need your help on is deciding on some fun/cool things to track... So what things would you like to know? Should I track food stuff (what I ate, how much, when)? Should I track driving, travel?

Some things I will definitely want to tracking include...

My efforts in running and fitness in general:

  • Weight
  • Maximum distance run over time
  • Best Mile Time
  • Time to complete set goals
My various nerdy activities:
  • Games played/completed
  • kill/death, win/loss ratios across games and genres
  • loot/money/gold/currency earned
  • Time spent across games/genres
  • Online vs Offline play

**EDIT** Here is where this project will live with a couple intro posts --> Jon Kremer's Blog

3 comments:

  1. Cardiotrainer for Android makes tracking running easy. It has an online database with a couple of export functions. Technically all the data you would need is in the GPX files(XML for tracking GPS location data over time). The paid version of the app has diet and weight tracking tools, I cannot offer a recommendation as i don't use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using RunMeter, but i'm not super thrilled with it.. I had high hopes for fitocracy, but no mobile app means I never remember to use it.. I will have to try out Cadriotrainer.

    I do like the GPS tracking bit.. If I can get a phone with better battery life before Jan1, I would love to do a "poll every 1 hour" location map and do a heat-map of where I spend my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time and money spent maintaining/improving/repairing your home.

    And to domesticate the nerd in you...time spent in conversation and/or quality time with your wife/friends/coworkers/pets/others??

    ReplyDelete